Wednesday, 29 August 2018

Where do students go to get knowledge?

Examinations are the means by which the education system evaluates the subject knowledge of a student in the respective fields of education. However today students as well as teaching fraternity are at cross roads . The students many a times come unprepared , and the teachers too feel frustrated when a majority give a poor performance.

Catching  students with mini xeroxes of handwritten notes or book paragraphs
Why? I have questioned my students.
The short term gain of passing ... is the answer.
What about the long term loss?
The teacher today is not prepared to answer, or would rather ignore this.
They have neither the time nor the inclination left.

I belong to the teaching fraternity and I really do not blame the teachers.
Students have an attitude problem by the time they reach college.
Their thoughts move in a pattern predetermined and teacher has little influence over it.

Google gives information, college gives education to prepare them for a future job.
It is knowledge that is lacking among students.
Where do they go to get this???

No comments:

Post a Comment